A Mother's Death, A Daughter's Tears

My mother died on 5/11/05 after fighting lung cancer for over 14 months. This blog will document my journey of coming to grips with the loss of the most important woman in my life.

Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

My real name is Kim and I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA. I am 44 years old, married, and have two step-daughters. I own five parrots & one dog, a Miniature Schnauzer. I have a pet sitting business http://parrotnanniesmn.com/.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

It's been a long time....

Its been a long time since I've written anything here. My life has gotten to be so crazy that I haven't had time to do much of anything except work, work, work, care for my animals, and try to care for my husband.

Since I last wrote, I have gotten a new dog and taken in two parrots, one of which will be going to a new home soon and the other I've fallen in love with. The dog is a Miniature Schnauzer puppy my husband & I got back is September; we named him Milo and he's insane. I know my Mom thinks I'm insane right now for having all of these pets. Sometimes I think I'm insane too.

My husband came home from a halfway house he was living at, but things didn't go well and for reasons I won't mention, he's not living here at the house again. That is all I want to say about that.

I'm working three jobs to make ends meet, plus trying to get a pet sitting service off the ground with a friend of mine. It's called The Parrot Nannies of Minnesota Inc and we specialize in taking care of parrots in the client's home. We just got incorporated, bonded, and insured. We also will take care of other pets too.

I think my Mom would be proud that I'm trying to start my own business doing something I love. Chances are, we won't make it but at least I can say we tried to do something we loved as work!

Things have been hard for me lately; I've been feeling really lonely and depressed since my husband had to leave. Even though things were not perfect with him at home again, there were some nice moments that gave me hope things might turn out alright after all. Now...I don't think so.

I know my Mom is watching out for me. I feel her with me sometimes, guiding me. Other times, when I need money or help and have no idea what to do, a solutions appears out of the blue and I know she's up There trying to help me out. Still, it isn't the same as if she were here alive with me.

Well, I don't know what else to say right now. I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go to bed. You all have a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home