A Mother's Death, A Daughter's Tears

My mother died on 5/11/05 after fighting lung cancer for over 14 months. This blog will document my journey of coming to grips with the loss of the most important woman in my life.

Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

My real name is Kim and I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA. I am 44 years old, married, and have two step-daughters. I own five parrots & one dog, a Miniature Schnauzer. I have a pet sitting business http://parrotnanniesmn.com/.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Thunderstorms

I find it strange the things that are triggering memories of my Mother. Tonight, here in Minneapolis, we are getting hit by another round of sever thunderstorms. There is no threat in my neighborhood right now, just lots of lightning, thunder, and heavy rains.

My mother loved thunderstorms, especially when she was up at the cabin on Lake Morrison near Outing, Minnesota. She really loved the sound of the thunder rolling overhead and the lightning snaking through the black sky over the lake.

So tonight, I am sitting here watching an almost continuous light show outside of my kitchen window thinking that my Mother must be enjoying the view she has of it from Heaven. I know she'd enjoy being here right now to watch it with me.

I really miss her.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
I happened across your blog while looking for something to help me as my mom's 1 year is coming soon, right before Christmas no less. I noticed you hadn't blogged in awhile, but was wondering how you are 5 years later. A year later and I don't know where that time went and have not really grieved. It's too painful to think about and no one seems to say or do the right thing, so there is a sense of walking this path alone. Does this get easier?

9:49 AM  
Blogger dreamspinner3 said...

Does missing your mother get any easier? Yes and no. Yes in the sense that time take the edge off of the grief you feel over the loss of of your mother. No in the sense that that sense of pain and loss never really goes away, at least it hasn't for me yet. I am sorry you lost your mother.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home